Thursday, April 16, 2020

Thursday By The Season

High Point
This morning I drove over to Hannah and Julie's for a morning walk to the highpoint, 520 feet above sea level - a lovely walk in the morning, with very little traffic but a lot of conversation. We had all been feeling the social isolation and this was a very pleasant change. Tomorrow I'll bring weeds for their chickens.
I was surprised to see how very close they are to Cyril's; we passed through his alley on the way back.
They are reading (or having a recording read to them) a book about the health effects of living according to the season instead of the clock. This makes sense to me and it helps explain some of my practices now that I am not tied to the work clock.
The news does not give me confidence that the office will open for at least a month, and if so, nothing I have learned this month changes my mind about retiring as I have planned. If anything, it encourages me to consider the brevity of life and the need to get on with it!.
Once home, I put off yoga for the evening - and it didn't happen. I did my mask pickup, and on the way back picked up a whole lot of plants someone had set on the curb for free. I think the guy in the bandana who went by me and into the house, smiling at me, was the gifter and pleased. I set those in my front yard for sorting tomorrow and regifting as appropriate.
Zoom does not impress Imp
I picked up supplies, mostly cat food and kitty litter - the only real reason I need to go to the store, but an important reason. Otherwise I was mostly home and zooming. I did Reema's Zumba at 4:30, and then started to open up the Toastmasters contest run-thru when I realized I wasn't really dressed for it. I took a quick shower and made that meeting in plenty of time.
I am happy to report that my new ear buds work fine. When I tried them for a Kent Toastmasters meeting Tuesday, they didn't work at all but I got by with phoning in. Today's Nordstrom Toastmasters I skipped because my shopping ran overlong and I have a lot of housework today.
I plan to practice my speech daily and study my recordings; my first try at zoom recordings the sound was bad so I'm hoping the earbuds help.
Dewdrops on the ladies' strawberries

Arthur scampered after tossed pinecones

Charlie's Tulips

Cherry Tree And Me

No comments: