Saturday, June 27, 2020

I Gotta Wear A Mask? OMG What Next?? PANTS???

My FB joke comparing masks to pants seems to have hit a nerve, or at least the funny bone!
---
I think I've figured out why 4freeCLE's numbers are booming (over 8000 hits on Saturday - 4 times my previous highs, which tended to be CLE reporting deadlines). I had hoped that sharing the link  to the Low Bono community via an email last week and the roundtable call Friday lead to it being shared, or something. However, Adsense clicks have not increased at all, so I doubt the new readers are humans. My next guess is that for some reason the site is being spidered and there are thousands of posts so until the spidering is done, I'll have inflated numbers. Too bad it's not real people but that's the internet!
This evening I had another DND session but suffered grave technical issues: my earbuds which were perfectly functional two minutes before the session started (I could hear household noises somewhere!) just quit. I don't know whether it's the VTT or DNDbeyond or my laptop (which I suspect...) or the earbuds themselves but after 45 minutes (!) of trying, including a callin tech support from one of the expedition, we ended up serving audio via discord on the phone (which I'd never done before, that was an adventure!)
The game itself was pretty good. Our party is not super well organized but we have fun and there were some creative responses to challenges. I'm already looking forward to the next roung in two weeks - but first, taking my machine over to the DM's for tech support as he generously proposed!
(I have had issues with this thing before, it may be time to get a new one).
--
I can hardly believe I didn't take a single photo today. This has not happened since when?

No comments: