Sunday, June 21, 2020

Cat Joy Sunday!

I was resigned to having to take hopeless steps to find Ginny. Maybe she had just gone to someone's house and they let her in and are keeping her. I have not heard of a coyote in this area for years (there was supposed to have been one maybe 5 years ago that was taking cats, but no longer).
I researched the Seattle Animal Shelter and determined I could check with them on Monday. Meanwhile, maybe if I leafletted every house within 5 blocks, in addition to posting on telephone poles or bus stops, someone would see something.
I printed a couple of designs of 4-up leaflets (figuring a note left in the door could be just a quarter sheet) and one for a pole poster, and opened the front door to walk to Staples. There was Ginny!
She came inside, hugged briefly, and took a little food and then ignored it. I even put down tuna! (Imp came along and was grateful.
I went to email the neighbors and saw a new message from Mary O'Brien, saying that they'd heard my cat was missing, checked their crawl space, saw a cat, and opened a hatch. I thanked them and everybody else and we're having a happy ending.
I went to Target in search of a cat collar. She's going to have to start wearing a tag. Unfortunately they're out of cat collars so I'll have to try something else.
On the plus side, I was fascinated by reflections in the old Borders store. In the sunlight it looked populated by ghosts but the ghosts all resemble me!




















No comments: