Thursday, June 25, 2020

Mary Lynn Wiebe

Decades ago my brother Joe of blessed memory picked me up at SeaTac with a woman who didn't speak much. I assumed that they were an item and boy howdy was I wrong; she was our cousin Mary Lynn from Canada. I've never been much in contact with that side of the family since I fled by biofamily in 1973, but I was vaguely aware that mom's sibs had kids and they tended to be nice. Certainly the few times we interacted they were pleasant or funny and someone you'd spend more time with if we were around more.
This week there has been a flurry of Facebook messages about Mary Lynn needing a partial liver transplant. I guess the way it works they take only a lobe from the liver of a living donor, who grows it back relatively quickly. The problem is finding a living donor, and of course there are expenses. She has a gofundme at https://gf.me/u/ybif5g which I recommend.
I chipped in an amount and was both surprised and delight to get a security alert from my credit union, an email saying to call a number. After all, it was an amount going to someplace in another country that I'd never interacted with before. When I phoned, I assured the robot voice that this was ok but I was surprised to note that the dollar amount was less than expected: apparently GoFundMe used the local currency (Canadian dollar) instead of my currency (American dollar). I was somewhat less generous than I intended. Lesson learned.
I am interested in learning about how to get tested for liver compatibility but I am concerned that my b.p. would invalidate me as a donor.
---
On my walk I saw more flamingoes


I took a pea in my garden.
It was marvelous!
Take A Pea In Your Garden Today!


No comments: