Saturday, March 28, 2020

Saturday I got my short list done

Ginny loves to play Swat The Bug on TV (there are lots of Youtube videos for cat play) but her bigger sister Ginny crowds her out. How can I teach them to share?
I don't think you can teach them to share the hunt; it may not be in cat nature.
Today I made a list of chores and accomplished all of them. I deposited my lexvid check and then drove to  Mercer Island to give Kiara the remote to her TV (which she had retrieved earlier in the week. I'm buying whatever furniture she left behind so I can move into the Green Room, which is now nicely furnished, once Ed moves on. If Kiara ever needs to come back we'll shift around but as things are, I'm getting the bigger room with better sunlight).
Since I wanted to get out today, I offered on "Buy Nothing Highland Park" and the West Seattle Time Bank to go shopping. Four people had requests. I found the right baby formula and toothpaste, but neither Target nor the Dollar Store had Chlorox wipes or Monopoly (Targe had a couple of new fangled versions of Monopoly but this was for a gift to an aged parent so the requestor didn't go for it.) It was very satisfying to be able to do a little something for my community members. The people receiving the baby formula repaid me with a tip that I did not ask for (and did not need but what the heck, I'll respect their offer.)
My "Buy Nothing" pal came by with some brewer's mash for gardening; she'd offered it because she has a regular supply. It was odd to have to stand back while she shoveled it out of her tote into a bucket but that's what isolation requires.
I'm working on catching up on my various chores but there is a heck of a lot of Toastmasters and 4freeCLE and WPTL and cleaning and more. It's better than being bored but I don't know when I found time to work!
I did make a successful resolution about social networking. I have a tendency to respond to fascists and trolls as they make the same tired old arguments; I respond with facts and nobody changes. It's a waste of time, although I do enjoy mocking people who use potty words. I keep hoping that rational discourse is possible, but it does not seem to happen on the internet, yet I feel emotionally bad if I leave them be; I know that they are responding to my comments with further insults. The breakthrough I am working on is to regard those notifications of response as nothing, or even less: as expressions of frustration from people of no importance. They are like evil little imps, who cannot slay me, but can waste me. If I don't give them my attention they cannot waste my time; and time - as  we all know - is life.
I don't think of this as fleeing; I think of this as frustrating them and saving myself, so it's a double win.



No comments: