Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday: More Of The Same

Today I started, as has become my habit, with three short exercise videos: yoga to stretch out and warm up, something more active (such as Madfit); and then some core work (today: standing abs from Gymra). This is a good habit.
Ed was gone most of the day. I was concerned that he was planning on settling in, and that I might have a situation moving him on. However, when he returned in the evening, he said he'd gotten a social worker appointment at the VA Hospital for Monday to figure his sheltering.
At 1pm we had another WSBA training for the all-day program April 3, at which I am moderating a panel. I don't actually know anything about the topic, but I have been given questions to ask from Regina, so I just have to be confident and smooth. I have the questions taped to the wall by my desk so I can practice.
I sent out another email to the blockwatch. Right now there's a lot of news so I might as well share it.

IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD:
Today on my walk I saw this bit of folk art whose story is more complicated then it may seem at first glance. On the roof, you see a Boy Scout trefoil, so this must be someone's project. It's a birdhouse, but notice the hinge and the message about picking up poop. I expected it to be full of plastic dog poop bags, but when I lifted the lid, I saw little cardboard tubes, some of them obviously containing Mason bees mudded in, or the like. Either way, it's an asset to the neighborhood and a Swiss army knife of a birdhouse!

No comments: