Thursday, March 26, 2020

Thursday Not At Nordstrom

Every day during the #COVID19 shutdown, I take a walk around the neighborhood, just to stay fresh and take a picture of something beautiful or interesting. This tree has never disappointed!

Today's main funtime activity is speaking at Nordstrom's Toastmaster's group, over the internet. My friend Victoria asked if I'd volunteer since they were short a speaker, and I'm eager to get all the experience I can. We used the "bluejeans" tool, which seems similar to Zoom although the windows were arranged differently. It was fun and I got some good feedback. Jovica gave one of his as-usual solid speeches; my feedback to him was that he was masterful as usual and I suggested he consider Darren LeCroix's tip about not being his own expert, but telling the story of having a guru give him the answer to the problem. This may be overkill for COVID19 speeches since we all pretty much understand the issue - but then again, maybe not; stories stick!

From Facebook friends I got an identification on those little purple flowers, and with that I confirmed that they are edible. However, I have to nominate "Deadnettle" for the Worst Name.
I mean, seriously, it has "Dead" right in it, and "nettle" sounds ominous too.

Heather's new mattress arrived. The box just appeared on the porch without any delivery truck to importune about taking to old one away. I guess that is the new normal. The cats found it interesting!

I had a discussion with Sherry yesterday about my feelings on having a roomer. I decided I need my privacy more than I need the money right now. Now to implement with kindness and firmness. I have to make sure Ed knows he can't stay here long. I don't want this to turn into an overstay with him acquiring the rights of a resident.
Arthur wants to know if he can keep it

Shadow Investigates



No comments: