Sunday, January 17, 2021

Delivery Food Sunday

Myrtle Park Slide
Friday I got an extra load of food to distribute over the weekend and on Monday, MLK Jr holiday and national day of service. Today I started by walking up to 9th - finding the stuff I'd left there gone, and reloading it - and then walked to the Dog Park to distribute plastic bags for the doggies. While there I noticed a "chutes-and-ladders" style slide on the hillside apparently not quite done yet.

After a shower, my next task was to distribute at least one box of food to the northern group of Little Free Pantries. That took a while but I was happy to see that there were not many items that I'd left yesterday still there. Someone must be eating!

I got home in time for a brief nap before the 2pm zoom meeting about composting. TBH I did not learn much that I didn't already know but Grace is so earnest about helping Camp Second Chance and seems to know a lot about that project that I do not, that I felt obliged to be there and provide support. It ended just in time to start the cooking project with Hannah and Julie. They put a lot more work into their cooking than I am accustomed to, but I must admit the results were nice.

Myrtle Park slide - wide view

No comments: