Monday, June 29, 2020

Chalk Box



On my walk today, I saw this chalk box - such a neighborly thing!
We borrowed the chalk, drew a little on the side walk, returned the chalk, and were on our way.

Helping out FEEST is coming to an end, as the people and the program roll into summer programming. I guess the students will now be doing some sort of summer school or summer camp, that the food may be being distributed that way. I'm still on the list in case they need more volunteers, perhaps in the fall. I will long remember those I shopped with, Leigh, CeeCee, Jaimie and many others - although I doubt I'd recognize them without masks! I also remember the happiness in the families when I dropped off groceries. It is regrettable that this program is necessary but I am very happy to have helped.

No comments: