Saturday, March 27, 2021

Weekk

After several days of working on my car, Jeff the mechanic conceded that he could not figure out the electrical problem that kept popping fuses when he tested the wipers. He charged me something reasonable for labor, I thanked him (because I knew that *I* could have done no better) and I drove home.

I verified that *I* could operate the wipers in intermittent mode, which is plenty for my purposes. I drive very little as it is.

Briefly I had thought about shopping for another car. A Facebook ad promised a KIA small car lease for $99/month, which sounded acceptable. I had always rejected leasing but this may be the time; I realized that I may have been incorrectly applying my housing logic to cars because cars lose value as soon as you buy them, and houses (usually) gain value.

I responded to the ad with an expression of interest; the web page it sent me to took my information and said someone would be in touch. I guess they sent my information to several dealers because I started getting texts requesting permission to talk about this. Fine.

One dealer asked what trim package interested me, another asked when I could come in so they could show me cars. To all I responded that I wanted to know the terms of the agreement first. No response came  to that!

The next day someone called to talk. I asked about lease terms and ultimately got that the $99/month was only if I put done $5000 first - in addition to the monthly lease payment. That strikes me as a bait-and-switch but I don't know if I have the bandwidth to follow up. I'm done with KIA.

---

Box Collection to Give Away via Buy Nothing

Miner's Lettuce and Deadnettle

Pink Flower at Hannah and Julie's

Rainy Day Morning Walk Flower

I was relieved that I could get my chores done, and get back to morning walks.

Saturday I helped at a Toastmasters contest (having little to do except observe hour the Zoom Host acted). I then talked with a friend who was distraught about being sued again by her ex - they have been at this for years and it's very unpleasant for them. I have no solutions to offer but sympathy.

I went to Hannah and Julie's and helped move dirt around their garden. We are all of use a little creaky from strains from exercise so I think it was helpful to have the extra hands. I enjoyed the company on a beautiful day outside and they bought me a nice dinner at Locol.

Evening was DnD, which went well except the servers were distractingly lagg.

No comments: