Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Tuesday Toastmasters Backstage

 Running parts of any volunteer organization involves a lot of backstage work - stuff that is not evidence during the performance but important to making the wheels go round. Tonight I have a meeting of the executive committee of Toastmasters Club 832 (West Seattle) where I am serving, this year, as Vice President/Membership and Vice Presiddent/PR. In this capacity and especially during the pandemic this involves mostly working on our web presence. Our simple website runs a version of Wordpress that is may versions behind and the "Contact" form has died. This could have ramifications! I have to figure out whether to go through the hassle of upgrading or to experiment with FreeToastHost or something. We'll see.

On the plus side I've got the ritual down for posting a meeting photo every meeting - generally a Brady Bunch picture of our Zoom screens. So far this has involved editting several images together, because it never happens that everyone has a good picture. I'm also experimenting with posting facebook events. What I learned from "Boost"ing an event is that it's important to have an ad that catches the eye, because a blah ad does nothing but spend the advertising dollar (only $6 that I donated, but still...)

No comments: