Thursday, November 12, 2020

St Francis Watches The Chickens

St Francis Watches the Chickens
On our walk today we saw that some of the chickens we often visit were out of their usual area and prowling the yard. They were still fenced from the street but we were concerned that the household had a dog that might want to play with them. Let us hope that St. Francis protects them.

Again today after my walk I put in another 30-45 minutes of exercise: some HIIT with Madfit, abs with Christine Khuri, and yoga. I tried going back to Sarabeth yoga and the yoga itself was just as fine as Kassandra's (to my inexperienced ears) but the presentation felt less connected. There's all kinds for all kinds of people! 

 I collected kitchen utensils I no longer use - chiefly knives that had sat in the kitchen drawer since Kris left - in preparation for a Ridwell collection November 23. It's a little early but I'm happy to put the stuff to good use and also to make space! I don't subscribe to Ridwell but I have friends who do, and I'm happy to supply them with what I have to pass on.

I also had Zumba in the evening, featuring Imp sitting on something tall behind me, so I angled the camera to let her be included - not that she noticed, she was just interested in a shoelace.

I'm pondering whether to get the flu vaccine. 
 CON: 
  • I have never had a flu vaccine that I can remember (maybe as a kid??). 
  •  I don't remember getting the flu as an adult; I don't seem to be especially susceptible to flu. 
  • I have almost no contact with people, thanks to the pandemic.
  • Other than the occasional masked shopping trip, my only human contact is walking with my 2 walking buddies (4 or 5 times a week, about 3.5 miles) which can be sweaty if we walk up to the Highpoint watertowers, but we don't do anything likely to spread infection. 
  • Flu shots are low risk but nothing is no risk. 
 PRO: 
  • My walking buddies got their shots; I suppose it would be fair for me to do the same.
  • Nothing is no risk, but flu shots are low risk.
I emailed doctor about this, and got the answer I expected.
We'll see.

No comments: