Sunday, November 15, 2020

Gaming weekend

 Friday I had zoom gaming with Sandy and Ed, Saturday Julie, Hanna, Melinda and I played Kingdomino and Lost Cities, Sunday I played Codenames with Ed and two people who were new to me. This can be a golden era for online gaming now that the election stress is behind (although I'm doing some GOTV letters to GA through Sierra club).

I am walking every day (Saturday was a walk/run featuring running 16 blocks of not less than 40 paces - separated by walking blocks). I've been walking weekdays with Julie and Hannah for months, and perhaps that plus the reduced stress of being on leave is giving me consistently decent - although far from perfect - BP readings so long as I put the cuff over a part of my forearm near my elbow, where there's a pulse, and not over my bicep there really isn't.

Saturday I made it to HPIC to check out their new public fridge and take a photo.

Highland Park Improvement Club
Free Fridge+Pantry

Sunday I harvested my sunchokes. I would if it would be better to leave them in the ground so they regrow next year? I have plenty of nutrition available right now.

Shadow has learned to call me to sit in my recline her and brush her til she relaxes or naps. This is ok the first 3 or 4 times a day but more than that and it's cutting into my time. There's only so much TV I can watch, although I did start catching up on old movies, such as "Meatballs" on Saturday and "She's All That" on Sunday. It's culture, I guess.

No comments: