Sunday, June 07, 2020

Bread

We decided to go ahead and back our bread this evening - each of us in our own home. My loaves were not perfect balls; the last fold pulled over the top kept springing loose, so instead when I scored the top, I tried making a face. Here's the result: Hannah recommended that we wait til tomorrow to taste, but as soon as the call was over I pulled off some of the part that stuck out and tried it: first plain, then with butter, then with marmalade. Delicious every way!
As I catnapped in the afternoon, Carlos came by. He thanked me again for holding on to the chickenhouse which he said he'd come by and get soon, and then explained he'd been kicked off Facebook for a while and asked if I'd take a photo of a picture by a young artist he'd given some money.
I am continuing to have issues with accessing the internet through my laptop. It frequently reports DNS errors. The cellphone and the TV do not have such problems, although occasionally the TV locks up. My current theory is that the laptop, which is 2 years old, is encountering the usual anti-technology field I have with personal computers and will soon be unusable. I have tried in the past various solutions - different anti-malware software, deleting stuff, even taking it into a shop - but the answer always seems to be to just get another machine every couple of years. It is annoying. The good news is that I won a drawing in Reema's Zoom Zumba classes! My t-shirt will be coming soon!

No comments: