Saturday, June 13, 2020

Saturday Duck And Zoom DND

Imp's Busy Day
Today I worked on relaxing around the house. I'd gotten my periodic work review in the mail, signed and scanned it, and then pondered what to do. When I get back to work, I'll bring it in, I guess.
As usual, it was a fine review. Maybe I'll get a bump while we're all off work? At some point, I'm going to have to start using vacation time!



Downsizing the Chalkboard
Some things you just can't give away (like William Nute's bag of music books from a smoking home) but the chalkboard went instantly to my friend Alex (via Buy Nothing). It took a few days to arrange delivery, because she and her husband are working extra shifts as nurses or some other form of  medical professional. Today I drove it and the remaining kindling over, and was rewarded with chat and a visit with their ducks. Their daughter instantly set to work drawing a heart on the chalkboard, which her father pronounced a perfect depiction of an enlarged ventricle!
Neighbor Ducks Like Their Garden Lettuce

In the evening, there was D-and-D. This campaign is going well, although I am still puzzling over how to connect the DNDbeyond website with the Roll20 Virtual Tabletop. I am enjoying playing a halfling rogue, something very far from my IRL self, as it has many opportunitists for humor, initiative and roleplaying. Communicating with other people only by voice and icons on a tabletop is not the same as in person but it's good enough.

No comments: