Friday, June 12, 2020

End Of Week Misc

At VAPSHCS I met Cyril, Nate and Al (whose last name I forget) at Director Taddich's office to discuss issues. I confirmed that magazine donations could resume at Stage 3 (but had to take home the ones I'd brought.) Going into the hospital required screening and they gave me a wrist band to show I'd passed.
Leigh at FEEST sent me a consent form so that the donor PCC could use the photo of us in their materials describing their charitable work. Fun! although that was in the pandemic's early days, so I think I had a bandanna mask with rubberband earholders; I hope I had my "Hold Fast" gloves too!
I attended the Lo Bono Section roundtable. I introduced myself with the billing story of Mary's case, with the moral "I wished I'd kept track of my hours better!" which got a big laugh and a long discussion of methods. Most of the meeting was discussing the LLLT sunsetting; my contribution was to describe how it might have gotten tangled up with the 2014/2015 Sections cash grab debate. I have a lot to learn on the rest of the subject, since those present felt that a skilled LLLT was a big asset at a good price. The medical profession has a spectrum of professional skills, so why not the legal profession? The problem of funding implementation is knotty. Discussion to continue since the sunsetting is a reality but the need may continue.
In the evening, several of us tried zoom gaming as a way to get together. This worked pretty well. Originally we were just practicing gaming as an exercise to liven up next week's Time Bank meeting, but it turned out almost everyone who wanted to practice couldn't make the Time Bank meeting, so we decided just to have the practice for fun. It turns out Codenames via Horsepaste works well. As when playing in person, my team won most of the time but I made a few hilarious missteps.
Front Yard Rose And Pal
Bird House Tree


High Density Bird Housing

Horse Flower

Joyful container flower garden

Little Free Library of Simple Design

House Painted To Match Little Free Library

Tiny Red Survivor House

Milk Jug Slow Watering Device


No comments: