Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thursday Walk And Talk

It was a sloppy morning but we walked anyway. The ladies had spent much of yesterday picking caterpillars! When I got back home, the street was taken up by the pole crew but that's o.k.; I parked on Henderson which felt funny but was really ok.
The FEEST shop went quickly. Milo pointed out that the family I'd been assigned had asked for only a few items but had 9 members, so recommended I fill the shopping cart as seemed reasonable. I felt rewarded when I returned to the car and heard on of the children express delight at my choice of cereal. Ha!
I am happy that all but one of the hen-and-chicks plants set out to be taken is gone; the last one is not as spectacular as the others, perhaps. If it's still there by the weekend, I'll just plant it somewhere and reuse the pot.
Noon I attended a Toastmasters meeting at an Amazon club, using Amazon's "Chime" utility. It appeared similar to Zoom but did not work with Microsoft's "Edge" browser. I had tried it a few days ago, just in case there was a problem, and it seemed to work; but in the meantime Edge gave itself an update and today Chime kept locking up, even when I ran it from the download utility. Finally I ran it on my cellphone, which seemed to work ok except that I could not see myself, so I was not sure of my screen boundaries, although I checked with the audience. I gave my contest speech which was well received, This is the 2nd time I've given this speech to a newer club, and both times the evaluations were a bit shy; they just liked the speech so much they had nothing but praise. Praise is nice but I'm looking for improvement myself, and the club needs to practice evaluation; perhaps the next time I visit a newer club I should be joined with a model evaluator too. I'm not complaining, just thinking it over.

Here Comes West Seattle:
Farmland, Bungalow, Condo

Even the Dog Statue Is Masked

My Road Is Closed
It Really Was Not Hard To Walk Around The Block

Raised Bed, Green Leaves, Purple Petals

The Littlest Monkeytail Tree

Caterpillar Defense

No comments: