Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Tuesday at Toastmasters

On the way to Hannah and Julie's, I saw a house with a flock of pink flamingos, so we walked that way and saw it and other house had some sort of "Thank-You" going on. Fun!
We also saw a jay bird nest raid. The jays were circling a tree, up near the top of which a crow was raiding a nest. Eventually it flew off with what was probably a hatchling. That's nature. I am told that jays do the same to smaller birds; they are all basically feathered dinos. Still, it was a surprise.

I had found an N95 (unwrapped, but unused) in my emergency kit, and I figure we're in an emergency, so I included it in my Seattle Mask Brigade collection. Also today while picking up, I chatted with a donor's neighbor who liked to sew masks but didn't have anymore people whoi needed them. I urged her to google the Brigade but didn't feel right writing the URL down or handing out a card, because, you know, social distancing.
One of my neighbors is getting a security clearance, asked permission to use me as a reference, and needed to know when we first me. This made me look up when I bought this house .

In the evening, I enjoyed the Toastmasters Leadership Skills workshop with John LeCompte, and a little socializing after.



My N95, donated to the cause

Collection Point


No comments: