Sunday, October 20, 2019

I Support #RecognizeKSRU

After I practiced next Tuesday's speech, I rewarded myself by reading the daily Schlock Mercenary. In the notes, the author talked about his next printing project and how he supported Kickstarter United, the unionization effort. I hopped over to their website and it all makes sense.

I support Kickstarter staff, who are working to form a union. The success of this and so many Kickstarter projects is due in part to the hard work of the company’s employees, and I believe in their right to unionize.
At this time, union organizers are not calling for a boycott. Instead, they’re asking supporters to raise their voices and make our solidarity known. Here’s how we can help:
  • Email Kickstarter’s senior leadership: kickstarter-sot[at]kickstarterunited.org post your support using #RecognizeKSRU 
  • Post a picture showing your solidarity and tag @ksr_united download a version of our logo to use as your icon on Kickstarter, Twitter, and anywhere else 
  • Back projects that show solidarity with Kickstarter United 
  • Have another idea? get in touch!
I call on Kickstarter’s senior leadership to recognize the union now, and I hope you’ll join me. Solidarity forever 🤝

Visit their website!

And thanks to Howard Taylor for alerting us to this!

No comments: