Saturday, November 02, 2013

November 2 Volunteer Attorney Training for Survivors of Human Trafficking (again)

Everyone involved seem to think the CLE was a big success. Since I am not actually training to volunteer, I seriously considered skipping the afternoon and doing chores at home, but I stayed because I was learning interesting things (even if I wouldn't be using them) and also observing interesting people who had ideas I could adapt.
I'm glad I did! at the end, I was momentarily flustered when Kathleen thanked me publicly; in retrospect  I should have done one of those "it was a team effort" things and mentioned the many people and groups who'd worked together on this, but I just smiled and waved. It probably doesn't matter.
I think this is the start of some really good work. We'll have to get together to plan next steps soon.

No comments: