Monday, September 04, 2023

Labor Day Bees

 

My traditional Labor Day picture ....







....and some bees I saw working tiny pink flowers as I took my walk.



In the morning I got to the Y for the usual 8:15 class, but of course it's a holiday so no class. No problem, I asked the staff to help load a video and I did first a 20  minute boxing video then a 35 minute boot camp video. I am not fond of the bosu but I remind myself that I used to have excellent balance and this is a safe way to get it back - I can always just hop to the floor.

The bulk of the day I labored at decluttering. I am making good progress on the laundry room although there's much to go.
I went for an evening walk with the mission of dropping off spare cheap wired earbuds at the pantry on 16th and Roxbury. When I got home, no keys - and I still had earbuds in my pocket - the same pocket where I keep my keys!  In my defense, the earbuds and their wiring feel not unlike the keys on their wrist lanyard. I started walking briskly to the pantry, when I remembered that the out-of-breath feeling I get when I run is not unlike the feeling I get when I exercise - and in class I just keep on going. So I ended up running the whole way - except going down the steeper hill - and was rewarded with finding my keys just where I left them. Next time don't mix cargo with keys - and look at what I'm donating to ensure it's nothing I don't want to lose. Haha!


No comments: