Sunday, January 24, 2021

Work In Progress!

WORK IN PROGRESS:
Replacing my concrete drive with permeable paving means disposing of concrete, and what's better than repurposing into the raised beds I've always wanted? It looks a little rough right now, but give the vinca minora a season or two to grow down the sides; it'll be beauty. BONUS: These garden walls are just right for sitting, drinking coffee, and watching the world go by!
I am very grateful for the (paid) assistance of Izzy, without whom I would have dithered as I have for years and never got this done. I am awaiting delivery of the driveway pavers, which should be around February 2, and hope to have a few more project available.
So far, it's been
  • Prepare driveway for permeable pavers by jackhammering and stacking concrete, and levelling the soil
  • Complete the East fence, including cutting lots of laurel
  • Knock together a rain barrel stand from the falling-apart table
  • Make urbanite barrier behind trash cans protecting cistern overflow pipe
I wonder what else might be usefully done? Izzy is good and fast!
Perhaps urbanite raised bed by new fence for shade lover plants?
Maybe catio tower?

No comments: