Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Walk, Feed and Scan

 

Sunrise over the pea patch

Handy neighborhood doggy bag dispenser

The ladies at work

I don't know what these berries' deal is ....

...but with thorns like those, I'm not finding out!

Neighborhood freezer/fridge stocked thanks to SPS

My goal for today was humble: to finish scanning my 30 year collection of business cards. I cranked up some youtube videos and set to work on this repetitive, yet interesting chore. So many memories that see super recent, but in some cases half a lifetime ago!

I started with a good walk. We took it relatively easy, picking up 3 bags of trash as we went, and greeting a few dogs. On the way back, I stocked the little pantry next to Beveridge House (which is always empty; I think there's a bunch of homeless people around there) and checked the fridge on 8th: delighted to see it's operational. At 1pm I picked up a bunch of stuff from SPS to load it with (overflow to HPIC and elsewhere); now it's a question of how soon hungry people will get the food.

No comments: