Sunday, October 25, 2020

Weekend Update

 Saturday for Zumba I changed the angle of the laptop so it was not parallel to the wall, but looked over my available dance area. This made it easier to remain engaged with the exercise, which I enjoy. I also danced with my cellphone in a shorts pocket, so I could count the steps: over 4,700! It's comparable to taking an hour walk.

I was delighted to see that, despite not dieting at all, I hit the scale at 217 pounds, a weight I normally managed only through intermittant fasting. I tolerate intermittant fasting but it is not really pleasant. I think my lower weight may be due to the effects of daily walking, and perhaps purging my home of suboptimal foods. I hope so.

The thermostat was bugging me to change the air filter, so I did. I have a six month supply anyway.

Hearing that we were going to get a frost, I harvested the last of the apples. This week will be the last batch of applesauce for the year. I will photograph each step to make a photo essay.

That afternoon we had another meeting with the West Seattle Time Bank committee working with the consultants to develop a strategic plan. I had had my doubts but it actually worked pretty well. The consultants were good at moving things along while ensuring everyone contributed.

Saturday evening Hannah, Julie and I met at Beveridge Place's outdoor spot for beer and gaming. It was cold but my 2nd drink was hot cocoa so that helped. We agreed it was time to break out the full winter gear for sitting outside. We really didn't feel great about sitting inside due to COVID.

Sunday I took a walk to the four little pantries within easy walking range, intending to distribute goods I don't consume, such as cup-o-soup (too much sodium). It's a good way to get around the neighborhood.

I had a nice chat with Sherry over FB. It is good to have a friend I can discuss anything with.

This evening there was a nice concert fundraising for the Biden campaign, including Jon Bon Jovi, the Foo Fighters, Cher and many others. It was a nice background for doing the monthly 4freeCLE update.


No comments: