Friday, August 28, 2020

Apple Tree Tilt

We all have our tilts. We all lean this way or that; very few actually grow straight up like a drawing. But we can all be fruitful!
When my apple tree was younger, I figure the lean was just a temporary thing, but now I think it's a sunlight-maximizing strategy necessitated by that darn laurel coming over the fence. It will take a chainsaw to do something about that, but I'm thinking about it!

Meanwhile, today was started by taking Imp to the vet for her once-in-a-lifetime tooth cleaning. She was very worried, starting with not having food available. I spent most of the rest of the day noodling around, tinkering with my Toastmasters Area reports which are going slowly because I am reluctant to keep calling people for answers. When I did actually call someone it was not painful; they felt uncomfortable about their club's issues but didn't actually have any answers so what was gained?
This experience is part of what I'm trying to learn.

Imp got home ok but very hungry. We're still friends.

I've notice Shadow is not barfing. Due to her dental surgery I have not been setting out dry food where she can reach it; it's strictly pate' for her! She wolfs that down enthusiastically and the daily barfing of partly digested dry food has ceased. I think I'd best stick with this policy, for her health and my sanity.

Arthur still wants midnight feeding, but he seems happy to have a scoop of dry food on the window shelf in my bedroom, which Shadow never goes. Living with 4 cats is complex!

No comments: