Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Wednesday Self Appreciation

During today's walk we talked about the personal coaching course Julie's taking. There's a whole lot of life skills in that thing that I might benefit from practicing myself; today's most interesting concept had to do with caring for oneself, or something such. We can't deal with other people's issues if our own issues intrude; we can't help with needs if our own needs intrude. I think back to the contentious phone call a week or two ago, and decided that if I had not been surprised by the whole thing, I might have responded more effectively by asking about what her needs were instead of snapping and issueing judgement. Unfortunately I did not put this into practice when I responded today to my brother's comments claiming I was not credible because I'd changed my name and so was hiding who I really was. This did afford me the opportunity to talk about why I'd changed my name and advise that I am now quite open about the child abuse that went on at our house and how I recognized its impact on we adult children, but this was probably a waste of time since there will be no change. However I feel good for stating it plainly.
I called the vet around 8 but the last appointment had been taken. Tomorrow I must resolve to call right when it opens at 7:30.
Galen called back, suggesting that I could still be eligible for Weather and Safety Leave. I clearly stated that my doctor didn't think that I qualified as medically whatever before I am only 64 but that she absolutely did not want me to be in the building due to COVID risk. I said I was trying to be very precise in following the rules but had no objection if I was going to be on WS: Galen said he'd check with the next level. He confirmed that I can't connect to my modem with a cable; I explained it'd have to go through a floor and 1 or two walls because the modem is in the rented apartment; Galen agreed this was not practical. He called back later and said he was putting me on Weather and Safety Leave, and not to call every morning about sick leave as I did yesterday and today. He also advised that if this goes on longer I might forfeit some "Use It Or Lose It" leave; I said I'd be ok with that if that's the way it work. Whatever the rules say is fine.
I am better off than Galen because he has a pacemaker but is supposed to go in at some point for something managerial. Wow!
It is a warm day; I have picked some peas and am now doing paperwork.
On the walk: fan fence

Rainbow Fence And Our Shadows

Box Art

Box Art2

Embedded Art

Greenyurt

My Peas Are Higher Than I Am

I Am Happy About My Peas

Mulberry, We Think

Why Am I Looking Down?

Hannah And Julie Pansies

No comments: