Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Sunflowers and Ducks


Today as we walked we say sunflowers that we knew as little seedlings now taller than our heads.
Multiple mortgage companies are reaching out to me hoping, I suppose, to get some refinancing fees. I doubt that the effective interest rate for me will go lower but it's ok if anyone wants to try.
On my nightly walk, which I usually start by tossing greens to the ducks, I decided to get a photo of them.

Months ago, I had signed up to give a speech at SPEAKOUT today, as a way of pushing myself to get it done. As the target date loomed, I decided that, rather than write an original speech, I would re-give "Mrs. Zardelli's Ghost Zucchini" to see if I had actually improved my skills.
I am still dissatisfied with the punch line, but otherwise I feel there has been much improvement. Part of this is my increased willingness to pause, but the biggest is in learning to be appropriately animated, and within the confines of the TV screen. At the last moment, I added a prop jar and at the very end looked through it to the camera, to emphasize that the ghosts were gone! It entertained everyone. I must try something like this more often.



No comments: