Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Also on Tuesday

I mentioned to my walk buddies that Heather told me she was moving to the Eastside in a few months, and that I was planning to take the opportunity of an empty apartment to replace the carpet with vinyl flooring. Julie mentioned one of the time bankers was looking for a place to rent. Wow what luck! However, when I contacted the timebanker by email, she had already found a situation but thanked me anyway. I feel confident that when the time is right, something will come along. Who knows, maybe I'll marry someone with a lot of kids ;-)

A few days ago I helped William Nute by taking about 20 pots of plants to give away through Buy Nothing. Someone took a 2-foot-high maple and later asked if it was a coral bark. Today I stopped by William's again to pick up pots he wanted to moved on. He said he'd raised that maple from a seed from the tree in his front yard, so I took this picture of the mother tree and sent it to the new tree parents..

Since they were interested in a coral bark maple, I offered the one at my house, which I have never liked. I had made it clear that I wanted to plant a fruit trees at the house when we finally got it, so that we would harvest food from our backyard. Larry and Ginger gifted us at Christmas with this coral maple. I had to be gracious and thank them, and plant it when the house was finally ours, because that's good manners. I should have taken it as a sign of things to come.
The maple tree people expressed enthusiasm over this tree and were willing to dig it this weekend but I said I was concerned this might not be the right time to transplant. We agreed to do this in the fall. I am pleased that I will soon be getting a replacement, perhaps a plum or a fig.
I did a couple of mystery shops today. The money is not really significant but it's a little something to do and who knows whether I'll need the money later. It is difficult to break the habit of feeling I am constantly having to work to stay afloat, even though I have enough for a modest existence as is.

 

No comments: