Monday, April 20, 2020

Monday Monday

After this morning's walk, I cleaned house until time for the WSBA/WPTL webinar 2020-04-20

Ron called to see if I could help his friend Lynn find a new home for a small apartment fridge; I said she could call me and when she did, I suggested Buy Nothing SeaTac, which sounded good to her. Ron also talked about me helping out with DAV Chapter paperwork once a week once I retired; I agreed to try it starting August.
Later Cyril called with another matter involving the VA hospital; I was able to refer him to the Administrative Law Section.
Attended CLE Human Rights In Cinema. I looked at the list of films the speaker recommended, and recognized why many of them were there. I suggested she look at "Blade Runner", in which we the audience believe the hero (Harrison Ford) is defending us against monstrous "Replicants" only to discover at the end that we had bought into their dehumanization and were cheering massive rights violations. Should this not be a warning to us all?

North Garden
I gardened for an hour or two in the north yard, near the foundation. I hope this will still be productive when the heat bakes the south yard. I transplanted miner's lettuce, planted potato and most of the nasturtium seeds Hannah and Julie gave me, and then some flowers, chiefly periwinkle and the leftover colms of some flowering plant I don't recall. I am still dithering over where to plant the lilies I got over the weekend from a curb; perhaps after I plant the beans along the fence, there will still be some fence to share.
We had Zumba as usual - how quickly the strange becomes the usual with repetition - 
Late in the evening I finally got to Precision Nutrition, and I like the suggested Habit: Eat Slowly
House And Bear
Max Says Hi

Mondrian House
Cozy House With Bushes

Casual Sound View
Stop & Smell The Flowers
Trellis String Art:
West Seattle Bridge
Trellis String Art
Coronavirus


No comments: