Monday, March 21, 2022

Sewing Machines In Olympia

Also: My Trillium's Blooming! 

Today was built around getting sewing machines from Gina Glascow-Wells from the Time Bank that required a trip to Olympia to pick up sewing machines. I was grumpy about it because I had not picked up on the idea that they were going too be in Olympia - I thought they were just a little ways away.

However once the trip got underway I actually had a very pleasant conversation both ways. In the end, I am really glad I went because it was fun and I also realized that she did not want to meet a stranger in a parking lot while alone. The stranger was Peggysue King who worked at a Sylvan Learning Center and had a delightful  Sylvan wrap around her car, which was full of vintage-y sewing machines. and clother. What a generous donation! She's downsizeing as she plans to move back East (Tennessee perhaps?) to be a grandmother. We're helping her downsize and she'd delighted about the donation being put to good use. What better morning could there be?

No comments: