Sunday, January 31, 2021

Weekend Of No Photos

My Cans

 I have gotten out of the habit of taking pictures of something beautiful (or funny) every day, and I miss it. I've been busy!    

I talked with Shannon at work a couple of times. The hotspot has still not arrived, but I've gotten a couple of notices saying I have to restart work Monday or start taking leave. I don't trust them to have safe office space if they can't even provide a ship date or tracking number on technology they say is being sent so I can work safely from home! 

I plan to give it a month and see whether the vaccine becomes available (every appointment is booked when I checked but I suppose I just have to keep trying) or if the hotspot magically appears. I am ok with retiring and living on Social Security if I have to, but that would be cutting things mighty thin.

Saturday I took the cans to recycling for cash: $6.45 hooray! It's not a lot of money for half a year of saving up, but I enjoy the effort. The guy at the site is one of my "loose connections" as I think Claire would put it.

My impulse to finally move on this is to have the trunk empty in case Clair did ride her bike to the park and want a ride back - not a strong likelihood but it's good to be prepared. To stretch out the time between can recycling trips, I put 4 bags of them in the trunk; normally I don't store anything there but the jump start kit, but this was only a few pounds so I didn't mind.

Saturday night was the climax of one DND quest, which left us with a sort of artifact to dispose of an no idea what to do about it - so it's the start of something new. I realized that I had passed up a couple opportunities to Talk Like A Heroic Fantasy so maybe I'll plan for that next time. It can add to the fun.

Sunday afternoon, after I dropped off the last of the food donations, I met Claire at Lincoln Park and we walked and talked. We will probably do something like that again.

All weekend I tinkered on preparations for Toastmasters training and other support items. I volunteered to do the President Role training and I'm not at all satisfied with their powerpoint; I'm revising in line with the ideas I picked up from STU and also adapting some thoughts for engagement over zoom 

No comments: