Saturday, August 15, 2020

Masks and St Ed's

Seattle Mask Brigade delivery
I picked up a few masks to deliver to the Seattle Mask Brigade collection point near Greenlake.  It's hibernating now that PPE production does not seem to be so problematic; the last few weeks it had all been handmade masks anyway, still useful of course.
From there I went around the top of the lake to St. Ed's for my (roughly) annual walk.

Trail to lake is well kept up
Bike Care Station, a nice Eagle Scout project

Lots of people at the lake;
I had to work to minimize people in the photo

Grotto edgewall

Grotto still cool

Me and the old place

Lots of picnic areas, few people in them

The community built this wonderful play area
currently closed due to COVI19 I suppose

Likely the stump of the big tree at the lake
as wide as this picture. I heard it blew down long ago

I don't know whether construction is paused due to
COVID19 or the economy

Trailhead to lake

---
My walking buddy/Time Bank pal Julie is looking for a home for a Murphy Picnic Table of another Time Bank pal. I offered it to Heather for her new situation in Enumclaw. Here's photos of this interesting gadget




In the evening we had our D+D game. I'm enjoying the time hanging out and being creative, but I think I can be even more creative if I keep that in the forefront of my mind. Still, it's fun!

No comments: