Friday, August 21, 2020

Mantis Friday

Today I took Shadow to the vet for her dental work. Since she had to fast after 9pm, everybody had to fast (except for Arthur who got a little milk, which Shadow disdains, and the others only under close supervision). You can imagine they were all alerting me in the morning that Something Is Wrong!
When I went to pick up Shadow around 5, there was an understandable wait. I strolled over to the little garden by the parking spot and saw, walking slowly into the parking garage and his doom, a golden preying mantis. "No, friend, you don't want to go here," I said, and set my cellphone as a ramp which it hopped on. I took it to a plant which it quickly latched onto and proceeded to pose.
I had a nice chat with Vanessa when she brought Shadow out.

No comments: