Tuesday, August 04, 2020

Lego Free Library and Toastmasters Tuesday

For our morning walk, I waited as usual for Hannah and Julie to come out of their house. Meanwhile, they were waiting on the sidewalk for me, but in the eye of the sun. Thus we all waited until I got out of my car. There's a lesson there somewhere, although I don't know what it is.
Today was the day we saw the Lego Free Library (It didn't have legos in it, but it was super creative)


I am putting in a lot of time working on my various Toastmasters projects, but things move slowly as I am easily unfocussed by having a very unstructured life. This will improve.
Club 832 tonight was fun as usual. Leah's presentation was wonderful. At the end, she mentioned she was developing this in support of a nonprofit she supported and, quite appropriately, but a link in chat to the youtube version of her presentation. It moved me to contribute, and you should too:

Also at this meeting I had the pleasure of evaluating a presentation on why someone should hire the speaker. She clearly does UX for a living so I could not comment on the presentation as a presentation so I expressed it as talking about how she succeeded in her objective, in particular how questions arose in my mind and the presentation answered them. My ultimate tip, or challenge, was adopted from someone offered me at another club, which was to smile and people will reflexively smile back. I feel this may be important in a presentation of this nature, because the speaker is naturally proud of her work and looking null or sad contradicts the presentation. This is something to think on more.

No comments: