Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Busy Wednesday

Double Bratwurst Tortilla Wrap
With Grey Poupon
Today I took a day so I could meet with Cyril, Nate and Jake Harris at the VA Health Care Puget Sound Healing Garden. I think Jake would make a great contractor for doing the necessary repairs and upgrades but of course the whole team had to meet him, discuss the work and so forth. Everyone seemed good with the way it went but we'll have to wait for the bid of course, and compare with any other bid we get. Still it was nice to see  people talk over the work with enthusiasm.
journal today
Since I had the day off I caught up on a lot of small projects. My friend Tamsen from the Time Bank (who is a relative of Nate as it happens) wanted to know if there was progress on recruiting a Timer from our Toastmasters club for the Seattle City Council District 1 debate next month. It was time to solicit our club membership so I sent the email. I was prepared to do the job myself because it sounded pretty interesting, but it's correct leadership to recruit others to do the job. I was not disappointed; two people expressed interest right away! I was planning on recruiting two people anyway, one to watch the clock and record times, one to hold the green-yellow-red cards.
I also solicited advice from the Toastmasters  Area Director about protocol and intellectual property issues. Toastmasters is not participating in the debate but members of Toastmasters are providing services. We just have to be clear on this. I don't think this issue has come up before because there was not a ready answer; it's fun to be pushing boundaries in a good way again!
I then took a free CLE ( Lexis Nexis program Something's Brewing! Guiding Clients Through the Process of Starting a Craft Brewery) which was pretty interesting.
I posted several items to Buy Nothing Highland Park and responded to several willing receivers.
Kiara cooked the brats and I decided to try wrapping them in tortillas. I think you can improve almost any dinner by wrapping it in a tortilla!

No comments: