Saturday, June 22, 2019

At the Morgan Street Fair.

Saturday I went to the Morgan Street Community Fair to set up, recruited by West Seattle Time Bank friend Julie.
This is the second time lately that I've helped set up a community fair (the first being Delridge Days last year) and I like it. There's a lot of useful tasks to do and lots of nice people doing it, plus they survive coffee and you're outdoors. What else could you want?
I don't have the patience to sit around a fair all day, so I went home and did a few choirs. Around noon I came back with Kiara and we toured the fair, lunching on truck food. We especially enjoyed the Bark Of Morgan Dog Parade.
I talked with librarians and books sellers. I met a couple of candidates for City Council; it may be difficult to choose between them but at least I know a little more about them.
I returned around 3 to help with the set strike. The leader of the dog parade let me strike a pose.
I recommend community fairs. They're a fun way to meet your community. Helping out with set-up and take-down is another way to do something useful while making conversation.

No comments: