Sunday, April 10, 2022

Sunday stay for meetings

 Sunday I walked over to Alice's to drop off yet more sign wireframes (picked up on my trails from abandoned or outdated signs - political campaigns from last Novembers, estate sales from last month) for her to use in the next Winter Wander, or for whatever purpose she sees fit. Her dog barked protectively but would not pass the invisible fence, and I would not test him by crossing it myself. Instead I stood at the largely symbolic gate, ready to leave the items there, but Alice came out, apologizing that she was on the phone - I observed she was working and that was all.

I walked over to The Missing Piece for my Sunday coffee, then home with a load of aluminum. At 4 I played Codenames with Ed, Mary and the rest. At 6 was the West Seattle Time Bank book club, which was pretty good, but I cut out early when I got a message from Alex that she had a last few things that needed to go immediately so she could leave. I drove over, picked up the stuff, and bade her bye. They are off to California!

I dropped off Alex's frozen items to Inge, who had put in for them on Buy Nothing and seemed surprised to see me. Then - home!

I had 3 or 4 boxes of Alex's family's stuff to sort through for donating on Friday to the Refugee Center. It set me back on cleaning out my house but it's for a good cause.


I did not take much in the way of photos today, which is remarkable. One of Alex's items that needed a new home is a magazine holder that I was not sure what to do with, since it seemed an unlikely item for refugees.  I set it on my table while I did something else, and Imp promptly claimed it. I'm still pondering what pose of her in it I prefer: looking at me, or pensive? both express her personality.




No comments: