Thursday, March 03, 2022

Several Wins, When Measured Against Baseline

Today during the usual walk-and-talk with Hannah and Julie, we discussed the latter's  plan for a goal setting program with West Seattle Time Bank. She introduced to me the concept of not comparing our progress against an unattainable ideal, but rather against the baseline that we started with. Looked at this way, I scored a lot of successes today, and that to which I did not get does not matter:

I picked up a box and a half of food and medical supplies for Ukrainian refugees from my neighbor Mary. It was a nice donation and I'm happy to have the opportunity to pass it on.

After lunch I met Penny at a small part on the shore of Lake Washington to catch up on the news and ask about her contest speech. This was fun, and at the end I discovered that I had left my lights on. Fortunately Penny comes equipped with cables and a charged battery in the trunk!

I had to get back to give my "What To Expect At A Toastmasters Meeting". I got brain freeze a couple of times, but hopefully my smile and sincerity cover.


No comments: