Friday, February 18, 2022

Friday at the Clothing and Hygiene Center


 Today I took a carload of stuff to the Clothing and Hygiene Center in Renton, including 3 sewing machines. Here I am posing with my pal Pamela Swearingen with sewing machine donated by my friend Franni.

I pulled up about the same time as Rita, so I helped her unload her van and discussed the laptop I was donating. She had a family in mind for it.

After I unloaded the donations into various areas (including a lot of housewares directly into Pamela's van for delivery to a newly-arrived family that she was helping) I re-filled the car with clothing that had been surplussed by the sorting process. I don't do the sorting, that's handled by more regular volunteers but since I was going to St. Vinny's anyway it was no problem for me to take the stuff there wasn't room for on the shelves.

First, I stopped by the family to drop off the  laptop and some children's book (including a wonderful encyclopedia of animals I was sorely tempted to keep for a while).

Eventually I got home and just did stuff, including write this blog!

No comments: