Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner Packs

 

For Thanksgiving, I neatened up my freezer, as shown. The impetus was my search for cranberries - which I didn't find - for the six ready meals I made out of the Turkey breast, spuds and stuffing I made today. I'm happy with the gravy I made, too! Also added green beans. The turkey dinner are in the containers to the right.

I neatly labelled everything with trimming from postcard stamps generated on the machine at the post office. This is better than the blue painter's tape, since I can use a ballpoint that doesn't smear like the sharpie did on the tape.

The door has a whole row of lasagna. Each is a good meal size!

Notice that the turkey is the first meat I've purchased all year (not counting the incidental meat in the lasagna). I am a mostly plant-based eater, although I enjoy a couple of cans of tuna a week, and I recently rediscovered how very much I enjoy hard boiled eggs!  I dont really miss steak or pork chops, and the environmental benefits are good.

No comments: