Friday, June 19, 2020

A Friday Of Pondering

A couple of days ago, I got a NTEU email saying that all IRS offices (including Seattle) will be opening by July 13th. Employees especially vulnerable can claim health & safety leave. What I hear now is that 65 is the usual cutoff age now, which is different from what I'd heard at the beginning of the pandemic. I am planning to retire soon but I feel the right thing to do is to go in for my 2 or 3 weeks and to just be careful. I'm still thinking it over but this seems like the mostly likely decision - I can't just drag this out even if the rules would allow it.
My morning walk started around Thistle and 35th and ended up at the Barton P-Patch, which is a really fine community space. Afterwards I went shopping for FEEST.
Beautiful Neighborhood Dogwood
I had a package to mail at USPS, and ordinarily would have driven but I'm trying to add to my healthy lifestyle so I walked. I needed the extra steps anyway to get to 10,000. In the evening, Google Fit told me I had only 9939 steps so I took a walk around the block to make it an even 10,000. This was very pleasant but by the time I got to the corner I was above 10,200.
I'm not sure the app is entirely reliable.
Uber Peas



Flying Pig On A Porch

Little Free Food Pantry

Spooky Trees
Remember You Love
The other day I added a row of string to the top of my pea trellis. The peas exceeded it within 2 days. Wow!
---
I am trying to be positive on social media because it is to easy to descend into meaningless quarreling with angry trolls and deniers, but the technology is compelling. I have to accept that this is a thing. At least every day I take a photo of beauty or fun, that's something.

No comments: