Sunday, February 16, 2020

Button Jar

I am cleaning things out, shrinking the pile of detritus because I do like a neat home, but I can't just throw things in the trash. I'm also looking to take an interesting picture every day. I found this jar of buttons and, before I offered it up on "Buy Nothing" for the crafters, posted it on Facebook asking for comments.

My sister Sharon identified it as Mom's button jar that she used to play with as a child, and asked to have it.
I remember mom having a button can, but I don't remember the jar. However she was of a time where you saved everything because money was short. Also she sewed quite a lot so saving nice buttons just made sense.
I set it aside for Sharon at Christmas, or whenever we would get together, along this this jar of pretty rocks, which seems to come from the same time (but I have no memory of either so who knows?)


No comments: