Tuesday, December 31, 2019

New Year Thoughts

  • Let no word pass your lips or your fingertips that does not say something positive, if only "we can do better".
  • We, and no-one else, can define happiness for ourselves, and for no-one else.
  • Every now and then it is pleasant, and therefore useful, to review our creative work.
  • A nightly ritual of setting out gear for the morning orients the sleeping mind toward tomorrow, and it's easier on the waking self as well.
  • You are what you eat, but what you eat is what people feed you. That is to say, associate with positive people if you want to be positive.
  • It's ok to rebrand every 18 months or so (check with Rebecca's resources on this)
  • Write Every Day. It's both creative and memorable.
  • Fear of change just means you're paying attention
  • Remember how wildly capable you are!


Who are the positive people in my life?
I need to be objective here: they have to be people in my life (...not I wish were in my life...) and they have to be positive.

  • Toastmasters is intrinsically positive
  • West Seattle Timebank is positive although not as active
  • WPTL is basically positive. It was kind of a drag for a while, but the last two years or so have been great! I need to keep connecting with the positive forces there
  • My current job is neither bad nor good. There are some pretty cool people there but the set-up is deadening.
  • The Y is complex. Saturday morning classes are thoroughly positive which is why I never fail to attend. Evening classes feel differently to me; I have friends there but the vibe is different; I am continually welcomed but don't really fit. Still I love the dance so I keep going
  • the neighborhood is a great place to live but not especially close
  • I know a few individuals from here and there but no one close at all but the cats
  • The Low Bono Network might be just what I need

No comments: