Monday, September 01, 2014

Try the FunBook Pledge

Some members of my family have expressed distress at political messages in my feed. They tend to be people of a different political leaning than mine, and it seems to be more a matter of team sports for them than actually addressing facts and issues Still, the distress is real. Whatever I think they *should* feel, nonetheless they *do* feel the way that they do, and I have a choice to make: deal with it, or don't. So I issued this challenge
For ONE MONTH, on my personal timeline, I will post nothing but fun stuff: good news, happy photos, humor, things that may be serious but bring a smile. All the politics and angst I will reserve for pages dedicated to argumentation. This way I can enjoy my family, friends and strangers with my real self and theirs (...while continuing to promote my strong beliefs in appropriate forums.) Try it for October - see if you like it!
One of my most longtime friends immediately objected that there was a really important thing going on in their area that had to be commented on. I accept that, and this is not for everyone. In my case, I intend to be fully active on overtly political web pages, but I have to prioritize my personal stream somewhat. It's for only a month. Let's see how it goes.

No comments: