Sunday, March 13, 2022

I Am The Winter Radish King!

I Am The Winter Radish King!

 Sundays after a D-and-D session start a little slow because I was up late, but today we had the additional issue of Daylight Savings Time - spring forward. 

I got a decent walk in - although not the full 10k steps:

  • Mail GOTV postcards at USPS Westwodd
  • Delivering wireframes to Alice. These are the frames uses to hold signs that frequently fall down and get sad. I never take a frame that is current in use (even "Bob Buys Houses") because c'mon someone is trying to make a living, let's let them live! but any campaign sign a month past the election, or any sign that has weathered to unreadability, is just trash and best moved on. Rather than waste the frames, I give them to my friend who uses them to advertise a community event.
  • Coffee at Missing Pieces. Some day I'll meet friends here and boardgame, but in the meantime it's a convenient stop for coffee as I make my Sunday morning rounds
  • Fill up backpack with veggies at the family market on 16h
  • And home with a backpack full of food and a bag full of flattened aluminum cans. It's a walk!

I unpacked and did a little cleanup. This included pulling the most obviously ready of the radishes and getting a photo. Radishes are a fine winter crop for me since they take little work but keep growing over the winter. 

4PM was gaming with Ed's friends (Sabatour this week, mostly), and then the WSTB book club.

After all that it's time for a little cleanup and then bed. I suppose this is a good day, better than many people are having in Ukraine and elsewhere. I feel quite helpless to do anything other than GOTV and donate a little money here and there - such as here Free Continuing Legal Education: War in Ukraine: A Ukrainian Lawyer's Perspective (On-Demand CLE) (4freecle.blogspot.com)

No comments: