Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Bus Resolution

My resolution for this week is not to start the car Monday through Friday. I want to be less dependent on my car. Part of this is environmental responsibility: taking the bus wastes less. Part of this is money: my bus pass is fixed-price so driving is pure economic waste. Part of this is time management: This is a bit more complicated. Driving, I choose when I depart. Traffic and the parking situation chooses when I arrive, and both have been worse lately due to construction. During a drive, I can do nothing but drive and maybe listen to the radio. On the bus, I can do things on my cellphone or reading material. I believe that I can do without my car during my workweek, Monday through Friday, if I am sufficiently well organized. It's all a matter of packing my gym gear and a little extra food so I can stop at the Y after work, instead of bussing home and then driving. I am concerned about the impact on my cats. They are used to me coming home at a particular time and feeding them. However, I think that can be solved by providing a little bit of free feeding - which I have been doing anyway. I know plenty of people who get by without a car. For thise work week, I'll see how you do it. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

rewinn said...

Success!