I do a lot of things and I accomplish a lot of goals, but an honest evaluation of my efforts is that they would be more effective if I would plan better. I can make lists and priorities and even GANTT charts and so forth, but actually sticking to the plan is difficult as I am easily distracted.
Today my plan is to
- Clean for an hour
- Take Arthur to the doc
- Check the oil in the car and swap pants at Costco for a pair with my real size (36x32 not my idealized 34x32)
- Garden one hour (it's not supposed to rain; being outside is the best thing for my health)
- Earn 1 CLE credit watching AboveTheLaw's video
- Empty inboxes
- email (yahoo, gmail, outlook)
- wooden box
- Organize TM: followup on 10/15 meeting organization and 10/22 20x20
- Write TM: Tip of the day for 10/15; first draft of 20x20 PP for 10/22
- Network: check with Cyril, St. Ed's, Timebank, Buy Nothing, WPTL, what else?
- Watch this month's movie (probably Bohemian Rhapsody but who knows?)
- Rest on time
Let's see how that works!
- Cleaned for an hour (got a lot more cleaning to do!)
- My usual oil change place is closed! I rescheduled oil check for next weekend
- Costco went fine. I have to face the fact I'm a 36x32 not 34x32!
- Gardening was so much fun and there's so much to do I went for hours. And by "gardening" I mean "clean up the detritus of years that I'd just shoved by the recycling bin". Must of that is leftover from the Carlo era. Much of it I posted on Buy Nothing and will recycle if it doesn't go.
- TM+Tip O'The Day draft in progress! I also checked with the meeting Toastmaster to see if other help is needed
- Above The Law video: I didn't get to it (gardened instead). Reschedule.
- Networking. Chatted briefly with Cyril; will meet with him Monday. Reschedule the rest
- Move: Bohemian Rhapsody. It's excellent