Saturday, December 21, 2019

Seattle Snow

At the Y this morning. This is the last Saturday class of the year. It was lead by Brittany, who taught Saturday morning barre regularly until a couple years ago when she had another child. Her style seemed to be halfway between Katherine's and Evan's; they all three learned at the same place.
This Saturday class has been a blessing to me for many years!
(At times, a mixed blessing. I started almost as soon as I bought my home; I drove Kris to this morning class every Saturday and we took whatever class was being taught. She left me but kept attending classes, and thus I met her new boyfriend. He seemed pleasant enough and often brought his daughter which struck me as good parenting, but I didn't especially feel the need to hang around him, understandably.
Kris had remained on my family plan since it was cheaper than each of us paying single, but she was never any good at keeping her promise to pay her half. Finally I confronted her at the front desk and demanded payment immediately after class. We met in the Target parking lot where she said she could withdraw only enough for 4 months; could she pay me the balance later? I said I was done, I'd rather just be done than wait. I dropped her from family membership and I honestly don't recall whether she stopped coming then or later....I think later because I would sometimes see her coming or going. Eventually she stopped, perhaps when she bought her house although who remembers or cares?
All these moments will be lost, like tear in rain. Time to live now.)

No comments: