- I generate roughly 1 eggshell a day, which goes into the trash.
- I grind coffeebeans each morning (we use the French Press method - yum!)
- I put the coffeegrounds go into the soil I'm building in a container garden
- I wish to avoid more work
Solution: Drop the morning eggshell in the morning coffee beans before grinding.
- Coffee taste doesn't change noticeably (you will recall that camp coffee is often made with an eggshell in it ... I was told as a child it helped control boiling-over, but who knows if this wasn't just an adult joke?)
- I speculate that there may be a slight enrichment in the coffee's calcium content; this would be a plus since about the only noncheese dairy I consume is the cream in the coffee anyway
- Grind time does not increase appreciably
- My soil amendment is a little better.
Evaluation: A success, however small, is still a success!