If you prefer a single image, here you go (...but the video above is better...):
"The US population is represented along the length of the football field, arranged in order of income.
- Median US family income (the family at the 50 yard line) is ~$40,000 (a stack of $100 bills 1.6 inches high.)
- The family on the 95 yard line earns about $100,000 per year, a stack of $100 bills about 4 inches high.
- At the 99 yard line the income is about $300,000, a stack of $100 bills about a foot high.
- The curve reaches $1 million (a 40 inch high stack of $100 bills) one foot from the goal line.
- From there it keeps going up...it goes up 50 km (~30 miles) on this scale!"
DOCUMENTATION AND MORE: